Run Fantastic: Time to Give Up?
Well, Conkers Run Fantastic has started and what a week it has been!
361 workouts so far!
While I hope you’re healthy and uninjured, colds and niggles can strike at any time. Which is why we’ve given you a Conkers Run Fantastic Joker.
Just as it’s important to be committed to the Run Fantastic challenge, it’s also important not to overdo it and store up more problems for later, potentially jeopardising your participation in the challenge later on. Be motivated, be committed but don’t be silly: pay attention to how you are feeling if you are ill or have an injury, and listen to your body.
If you have to miss any activities because of injury or illness, you can use a Joker twice in the three-month period. Each time you use the joker it will account for half the points you would have earned for that week. But remember you’ve only got two to use, so use them wisely – and not because the weather is bad! #SkinIsWaterproof
Time to give up?
[bra_blockquote align=’right’]“I’m not saying it’s going to be easy. Nothing in life is easy. But that’s no reason to give up. You’ll be surprised what you can accomplish if you set your mind to it. After all, you only have one life, so you should try to make the most of it.” Louis Sachar[/bra_blockquote]
Did you know that the middle of January is when most people give up on their New Year’s Resolutions? Many people start the New Year with good intentions but then the willpower begins to fade. Committing to a New Year’s Resolution or fitness goal is great, but it can be difficult to kick old habits.
Conkers Run Fantastic is probably already helping you stick to your goals by keeping you accountable and helping you track your workouts. But the right attitude, the support of the Conkers Run Fantastic community and the following quick tips can also help you stay on track, in the game and on that mojo train.
Tips for keeping to your fitness goals
- You don’t have to be perfect – It takes time, effort and practice (particularly if practicing form), keep at it and remember small steps done consistently will get you there.
- Mix it up – Keep it interesting and keep yourself motivated by doing different workouts, this could be mixing up with running and cycling or just adding in different types of workout such as interval sessions or a fartlek run.
- Train with a friend – Arranging to train with a friend means you’re less likely to miss your workout because you won’t want to let them down.
- Get use to it – Make your workout as much of a habit as brushing your teeth before bed, be consistent and make your workouts a habit. It can take up to four weeks for an activity to become a habit so keep at it – you’re already one week in!
- Don’t feel guilty – Missed a workout or two? I bet the world didn’t end! If things don’t go as planned don’t feel guilty, live in the present and get back into your routine today.
It’s easy to talk yourself out of your workout, “The weather is bad,” or “I need to do the housework.” But with Conkers Run Fantastic here to offer you support and keep you accountable, you can get out there and stick to your goals.
Good luck with week two!
Until next time…